May 18th day #10 blog

 May 18th 2023


My Mom joined me today for a quick 10 minute loop around the traffic pattern 8:30 am. After the loop we dropped her off so I could work on landings and master my last day before my solo! As we taxied to the runway, the wind had shifted a bit and my instructor said "I think we should head to Concord and practice on their runway." I was so excited. After a smooth take off, she taught me how to put a track to concord into the Garmin because soon enough, I will be doing my own solo cross-countries. We got to concord within 15 minutes. We joined the traffic pattern where I was able to listen to Henry Krehbiel and Jack Parisian make radio calls. We passed them on the taxi way and gave them a wave. It was fun to listen to them and say hi to them through the radio. We continued to make about 6 loops in the concord traffic pattern. It was a challenge adapting to the new radio calls and the new traffic patterns. I was pretty comfortable by the last two loops in Concord and was getting aware of barings to make clean landings. We headed back over to Laconia and did two loops there. Tomorrow is the day. If all goes well I will be soloing. The plan is to do some traffic pattern loops with Karen and then I will go by myself. I can't believe how much progress I have made over the past two weeks to get to this point. Lets just hope the wind prevails for a smooth day tomorrow! Thanks for reading!

Total hours today: 5 hours

Total hours: 44 hours 

Comments

  1. Carrie- This is so amazing to read. You have learned so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May 9th day #2 blog

May 8th day #1 blog