Week 2 reflection

Week 2 reflection


These last two weeks have absolutely flown by. For majority of this week, I was so lucky to have perfect weather for flying. We flew everyday for at least two hours. I learned an unbelievable amount. Some memorable highlights of this week were completing my first "cross-country" flight and getting my solo endorsement. However, my favorite aspect of these two weeks has been getting to know my instructor, Karen Mitchell. She has been so informative and patient and I feel so lucky to have gotten to learn from her. I look up to her in so many ways and I have gained so much knowledge and wisdom beyond just how to fly an airplane. I appreciate how passionate she is about flying and is such a strong role model for me. I am so grateful to have had her as my mentor for this project. 

On Thursday, I completed my first "cross-country" which was so so exciting. We started the day off in Laconia where we took my mom up for a joy ride. We dropped my mom off and headed to Concord in hopes for better wind for practice. As I mentioned in Thursdays blog, I got to make radio calls with Henry and Jack which was fun and even got to watch them take off. The most challenging part was adjusting to making "concord traffic" radio calls and not Laconia. I got right in the hang of their traffic pattern it was a great accomplishment to apply everything I learned about Laconia's airport to Concord's!

I had been looking forward to soloing this past Friday all spring term. The weather was amazing for the past two weeks but of course on Friday there were gusty and unsettling winds of which Karen didn't think soloing was a good idea. I was really bummed because I put in a lot of effort to get to that point. Although, I knew to look at the situation as more practice before the big day! I fly with Karen at 3 pm tomorrow so hopefully I can get up in the air by myself depending on the weather. Overall, I got my solo endorsement by Karen which is all that matters. I am so proud of all the improvements I made this week and proud I am capable of soloing whenever the weather allows!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 9th day #2 blog

May 8th day #1 blog

May 18th day #10 blog