May 19th Day #11 blog

May 19th 2023


I had high hopes of soloing by the end of these two weeks, with all the planning and excitement leading up to today it came to a disappointing ending. There was extreme crosswind and rough winds in Laconia. I was pretty bummed but I know this means even more time to practice! Today I got to the airport at 8:30 as always and Karen and I started to finish up my pre-solo knowledge test. I completed it and was ready to get up in the air by myself. As soon as we headed out to preflight the wind sock was blowing heavily and I knew today wouldn't be the day I could solo. We took off around 11:15 and it was a rough one. We only did two loops of the traffic pattern and had to go in because the wind made things difficult. I will hopefully be soloing next week if the winds are good of course. I look forward to many more lessons because these two weeks have given me such a solid foundation for flying and a possible career path for me. Thanks for reading!

Total hours today: 5 Hours

Total hours: 49 Hours 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 9th day #2 blog

May 8th day #1 blog

May 18th day #10 blog