May 8th day #1 blog

 

May 8th 2023

    The first day of Senior Project is done! What a beautiful day to begin flight lessons and wrap up my senior year. I arrived at the airport around 8:50 am and met with my amazing flight instructor and mentor Karen Mitchell. We quickly headed out for the preflight to take full advantage of the clear morning. A reoccurring challenge I've noticed is I struggle to remember all the names of the gauges and where they're located. I know with more consistent preflights every day it will become second nature. After the preflight, we taxied out to the runway, did one last preflight check then headed into a heavy crosswind takeoff. It was a bumpy morning but I was able to do steep turns and three power-off stalls which were a lot less scary than I expected. I am becoming more and more comfortable with flight language and even made a few radio calls. After about an hour and a half of flying, we headed into the traffic pattern for landing. After landing, we headed inside for about 2 hours of ground school and then I was on the road back to Proctor. The highlight of my day was the power-off stalls and being able to do it almost completely by myself. I gain so much more knowledge every day and I am so excited to keep consistent and make more progress tomorrow! Thanks for reading!

Total hours: 5 hours

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May 9th day #2 blog

May 18th day #10 blog