Week 1 blog

Carrie Babson May 15, 2023

When my dad was my age he got his pilots license. He has always relayed the fun memories he had while flying that prompted me to want to share the same experience. When I was 14 I did my first four hours of flying and could tell how excited my dad was for me. Going into Senior Project, I hadn't flown since covid and was worried I wasn't going to enjoy it as much as I had four years ago; since the start of senior project, I have felt nothing but joy flying. I have learned so much about aviation and most of all, about myself. 

This past week was one of the most informative and memorable weeks of my year. From start to finish I learned so much about the ins and outs of flying. We started everyday at 9 am and flew for about 2 hours. We then did ground school until 1. On Monday, I needed my flight instructor for guidance with the preflight but by the next day, I was doing the preflight by myself and without help which I was so proud of. In my Monday blog, I recalled that learning the gauges and why and when they are used was my most challenging part of the day; now I can confidently say that I have them memorized. It is so rewarding that the preflight is going faster because I am understanding everything and memorizing more and more each day. Friday was my favorite day of flying. It was the day I felt everything I had been learning click. I was applying everything my instructor had been teaching me. We worked mostly on landings which was the one piece to the puzzle I was missing. I still need to work on being more comfortable with stalls and landing but it will definitely come! I have a week until we start thinking about my solo!

This week I hope to do more landings and learn more of the rules and regulations in regards to common decency of flying. After the first week of flying, one of the best feelings has been loving to learn and being fully engaged in flying. After leaving lessons I look forward to the next day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 9th day #2 blog

May 18th day #10 blog

May 8th day #1 blog